Long, wide nose with wide, drooping tip on thick skin
Rhinoplasty on a long, wide nose with wide, drooping tip on thick skin, by Dr. Gerbault:
- Refining an overall wide and long nose with a rather thick skin is one of the most difficult things to succeed in rhinoplasty. The nasal bones must be accurately reshaped to make the bone pyramid narrower without pinching it. In this case, the bony cartilaginous junction is very prominent, making a marked hump on the oblique views.
- The cartilages of a wide and drooping tip should not be weakened when the skin is thick, otherwise they will create a polly beak difformity. A good tip support is then essential to refine the tip and prevent it from droping when smiling or over time.
- Structural ultrasonic rhinoplasty allows this precise reshaping without compromising bone and cartilage stability, even strengthening the latter thanks to the buried grafts support.
- At 6 days, no bruises, just a little edema. At more than 3 months, the refinement is already clear from the front and profile. The nose is shorter and the tip remains well-supported.
Wide and strong nose that widens when smiling
Rhinoplasty on a wide and strong nose that widens when smiling, by Dr. Gerbault:
- The nose changes considerably in the weeks following a rhinoplasty: even if the majority of operated people resume a normal life after a week by resuming their activity without their operation being noticeable, the nose is however well swollen the first days.
- Dr. Gerbault combines compression dressing treatments (taping) with various medications and dietary supplements to reduce this edema as quickly as possible.
- We can see this in this young woman who had a very massive nose, masculine appearance, and who wanted a softer, more feminine nose, while remaining natural. Moreover, her nose was widening significantly when she was smiling.
- She benefited from a structural ultrasonic rhinoplasty consisting of reshaping the nasal bones in a gentle way, also reshaping the cartilages, keeping as much as possible its osteo-cartilaginous framework.
- The result at 6 days shows immediate improvement, but an overall swollen appearance of the nose. The result at 1 year shows the overall and natural refinement of the nose, without any trace of the operation.
Too wide and massive nose with a masculine appearance
Rhinoplasty on too wide and massive nose with a masculine appearance, by Dr. Gerbault:
- A successful aesthetic result in rhinoplasty is the conjunction of a pleasant shape in harmony with the face, but also areas of light and shadow that highlight facial features.
- This pretty young woman had a nose of masculine appearance, globally wide with a broad and drooping ill defined tip.
- A structural ultrasonic rhinoplasty allowed to reshape the bones and cartilages of her nose in order to redistribute in a softer and harmonious way the light on her face.
- The result is shown at 3 months.
Rhinoplasty on overall wide nose
Rhinoplasty on overall wide nose, by Dr. Gerbault:
- Elegance is one of the most complicated things to achieve, especially when the nose is generally wide and lacks definition.
- It's even more complicated when you hardly must change the profile, but just refine a nose that is too wide.
- This is what has been done here with a structural ultrasonic rhinoplasty process and a transposition of the cartilages of the tip into a good position without removing a single millimeter of cartilage.
- The result is one year away with a natural refinement of the nose and this touch of elegance in addition.
Wide and long nose
Rhinoplasty on wide and long nose, by Dr. Gerbault:
- This beautiful young girl was annoyed by her wide nose lacking sharpness and defintion, and that she also finded too long.
- The acneic skin increases the lack of refinement feeling.
- An ultrasonic rhinoplasty has allowed to reshape the nasal bones and refine the upper part of the nose.
- The tip has been slightly deprojected and reshaped with cartilaginous suures, and secured with a support graft.
- The result is showed at 18 months, with a significant and long lasting nose refinement.
Wide nose, significant hump, and droopy tip
Ethnic rhinoplasty on wide nose, by Dr. Gerbault:
- Young woman coming from the Arabic peninsula with a wide nose, a significant hump, and a droopy tip. The skin is thick as it’s usually on those type of noses.
- An ultrasonic rhinoplasty has been performed to refine globally the nose and improve the tip definition. The tip support with a septal extension graft allows to lift securely the tip and to refine it.
- The result is shown at one year post-op, which is the minimal time to achieve a result close to the final result.
Ethnic rhinoplasty on thick nasal skin
- To have a thick skin , a wide tip lacking definition with very weak cartilages lacking support: it’s a difficult situation to achieve a good result in nose aesthetic surgery.
- For this patient, there’s also an alar cartilage malposition, increasing the bulbous appearance of the tip. It even worsens when the patient smiles ecause of the lack of tip support.
- In this case, a highly structural rhinoplasty reinforcing all the parts of the nose with cartilaginous grafts is the only way to significantly refine the whole nose. It’s combined with n ultrasonic rhinosculpture to refine the bony vault.
- The result is still early at 3 months post op, and the nose will keep on refining in the next months.
Too wide and too massive nose
- Young woman was desperate because of her too wide nose, massive and lacking definition, that was a daily complex for her.
- Structural ultrasonic rhinoplasty.
- Piezo reshaping of her bony vault.
- Refinement of the cartilaginous part of her nose with the new cartilaginous tensioning techniques, and tip projection and support with support grafts and cartilaginous sutures.
- The result is at one year post-op, with an overall refined nose, that brightens and refines the whole face.
Male Rhinoplasty, Wide Nose
Male Rhinoplasty, Wide Nose
- Wide nose (upper third, middle third and tip).
- Primary Rhinoplasty.
- Structural reduction rhinoplasty.
- Result at 1 year.